Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2023/06/02 19:14:24 UTC

antlr

Greetings all,

I'm thinking about starting a small (that's the idea anyway) antlr
project; I've never used antlr before. At first I didn't see any antlr
with the plugin manager, then noticed that there's a buitin /ANTLR
Grammar Editor Support/. I see some 8.2 stuff online, and I'm guessing
that's not relevant with NB-18.

I'm looking around wondering what to expect. At
https://www.antlr.org/tools.html there's mention that NetBeans has a
"sophisticated editor for ANTLR v3/v4 grammars". It looks like there are
a variety of development tools and compared to other IDEs it looks like
NetBeans only has the editor. It could be that the info in not presented
very well.

Is there any info on what the ANTLR workflow with NetBeans looks like?
Are the "missing" tools" simply not integrated and can be used from the
command line? Or is it something more?

-ernie

Re: antlr

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ernie,

I think the AntlrWorks which is mentioned there is not available anymore.

What we have is a new development from Matthias and me. It has syntax
highlight, navigation, some code completion and formatting. It supports
some trivial error detection as well. Though no high level things there
with parser tree analysis, graphing and testing. That would require more
knowledge + time from our side.