Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/11/20 16:36:07 UTC

Apache, root, and core files.

I'm trying to debug a customer problem and need a difinitive yes/no answer
to the following question:

Does Apache do anything to disable the generation of core files when Apache is
started as root (even if it changes to another userid)?

This specific customer happens to be on Linux.

Thanks in advance.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

RE: Apache, root, and core files.

Posted by Austin Gonyou <au...@coremetrics.com>.
It is controlled by both /etc/system and ulimit. This is important to know,
mainly because the only problem was that I had to reset my ulimit.
/etc/system was fine.
Austin

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@elmar.co.il>.