Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> on 2003/10/23 14:26:07 UTC

It's official: Nicola Ken Barozzi is Incubator PMC Chair

At yesterday's board meeting, the ASF board made it official.
Nicola Ken Barozzi is the new Incubator PMC Chair.

Congrats!

Re: It's official: Nicola Ken Barozzi is Incubator PMC Chair

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:17:27 +0200
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > At yesterday's board meeting, the ASF board made it official.
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi is the new Incubator PMC Chair.
>  >
>  > Congrats!
>
> Thanks :-)

Nicola, congratulations on the inauguration
as a PMC chair of Apache Incubator project.

Here, one message to you.

"Keep the Balance (Good Timing) of *Sottaku* ( => Sotsutaku)"

Sotsu = the timing of the break out of the shell by chick
        (from inside)
Taku  = the timing of the break the shell by parent bird
        (from outside)

"Sottaku no Ki" tells us the importance of the simultaneity
of the chick and parent bird in the process of incubation.

The Kanji of 'Taku' is used by such as
"Takuboku Ishikawa" (famous person in Haiku)
 ^^^^

"Incubation" can be really related to *eastern culture oriented*
"nurturing", "caring" action, I think. Please keep this
in your mind.

Happy incubation! :-)

Cheers,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: It's official: Nicola Ken Barozzi is Incubator PMC Chair

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> At yesterday's board meeting, the ASF board made it official.
> Nicola Ken Barozzi is the new Incubator PMC Chair.
 >
 > Congrats!

Thanks :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -