Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2011/08/11 17:01:00 UTC

Re: Training on OFBiz -

I suggest you focus on the DocBook files and modify them with links so
your investment in Training is reduced.

The main Dock file is may be searched through the Web browser then they
can go to the area they are interested in with the link provided.

Since  most people retain about 10% of what the are exposed to and
therefore require repeated exposure to the information, written help
files are the best way to go.
Users are most receptive when they have an interested in learning a
particular thing.

The DocBook files are in the /data/helpdata of the applications and
specialpurpose folders.
in the Framework is /documents folder holds some documents.
There are many help files that need to be written.

you can write these in Open Office Write, then save them as Docbook.xml
files, then modify them to work with ofbiz help.

Venugopal S sent the following on 8/11/2011 7:12 AM: