Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by aronitin <AR...@YAHOO.COM> on 2011/10/11 22:49:15 UTC

Controlling the order of partial matches based on the position

Hi All,

I'm using SOLR/Lucene to index few keywords in a "multivalued" field. The
data that is being stored in the indexes is already mined to remove the
noise and occurrences and is very precise. All the text mining and filtering
steps are already performed before indexing.

Whenever a user search for a specific keyword e.g. query: "user feedback"
and if a partial match happens like
"user testing" and "search user" in 2 documents. I want to control the rank
of the documents based on the position where the match has happened.

User testing should always appear 1st than search user.

Also I would like to understand the possibility of dropping the partial
match happening at a position other than 1st.

Can somebody point out how can we achieve both of the things?

Thanks
Nitin

Re: Controlling the order of partial matches based on the position

Posted by lee carroll <le...@googlemail.com>.
this link is on he mailing list recently.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/dfa18d52e7e8197c/getting_answers_starting_with_a_requested_string_first#b18e9f922c1e4149

Posted by Marco Martinez <mm...@paradigmatecnologico.com>.
Hi,

I would use a custom function query that uses termPositions to calculate the
order of the values in the field to accomplished your requirements.

Marco Martínez Bautista
http://www.paradigmatecnologico.com
Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón
Tel.: 91 352 59 42