Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2022/02/08 04:57:48 UTC

Reindexing Problems

I am trying to use the ReindexAll and/or the ReindexMailbox from the
cli.  When I run ReindexAll, I get:

# ./james-cli.sh -h 127.0.0.1 ReindexAll
07-Feb-2022 22:45:21.610 ERROR [main]
org.apache.james.cli.ServerCmd.main:101 - Error while playing command
org.apache.james.mailbox.exception.MailboxException: Not implemented
         at
org.apache.mailbox.tools.indexer.ThrowsReIndexer.reIndex(ThrowsReIndexer.java:44)
~[apache-james-mailbox-tools-indexer-3.7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:3.7.0-SNAPSHOT]
         at
org.apache.james.adapter.mailbox.ReIndexerManagement.reIndex(ReIndexerManagement.java:71)
~[james-server-mailbox-jmx-3.7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:3.7.0-SNAPSHOT]

The help text the cli displayed after the error said the way to reindex
the documentation for the cli on the James web site says to use:
"Reindex" and not "ReindexMailbox".  I tried the web version, and it
said Reindex didn't exist.  I tried ReindexMailBox and got this:

[root@ip-172-31-xxx-xxx bin]# ./james-cli.sh -h 127.0.0.1 ReindexMailbox
#private jerry@xxxxx.com INBOX
ReindexMailbox should be used with 4 arguments but only 1 were provided

usage: java org.apache.james.cli.ServerCmd --host <arg> <command>

This says the args go before the command, and it says 4 are required,
but 1 was provided (??).

Bottom line, I can't find any way to reindex my mailboxes.  Now
reindexing is the real issue.  I'll explain the real problem in a
separate post.  But several years ago, I was told this other problem
that I'm still dealing with could be fixed by reindexing. I gave up on
reindexing back then.  But its back.  Even if my problem can't be fixed
with reindexing, I'd like a better understanding of what I'm doing wrong
on trying to reindex.

I'm running a build that was built from sourceI extracted from the
latest on GitHub back around October last year.  I'm running James Spring.

Thanks.

Jerry