Posted to users@maven.apache.org by richard schmidt <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/07 07:41:40 UTC

Maven-ant-task get confused between snapshot and release repositories

I am using ant to deploy artifacts to our Nexus repostory. Yes, I would love
to be using Maven but not with this horrible project!

The ant magic looks like

Deploying a snapshot version works fine but when I deploy a release version
I get the following error:

[artifact:deploy] Error deploying artifact
'com.metservice.icebreaker:SnowieCytrack:jar': Error deploying artifact:
Failed to transfer file:
http://code:8080/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/com/m
etservice/icebreaker/SnowieCytrack/2/SnowieCytrack-2-test.ear. Return code
is: 400
[artifact:deploy]

As you can see from the URL, the code is trying to deploy to the SNAPSHOT
repository, not the release one, and of course Nexus is failing....

If I remove the reference to the local.snapshot repository then the code
runs correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Richard