Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Artem Shutak <as...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/09 15:17:19 UTC

Re: Accessing Cache from REST Services

Hi,

I've played with 'aiex' project a little bit and have next comments. Looks
pretty but can be used as only beta-version.

What is the status of working on the project documentation? Are you still
going to work on it?
Is yes, I want to notice it was not so easy to install latest version of
nodejs. I'd like to see in the documentation link how to do it for different
platforms. I think I'm not alone here.
And it would be nice to add the project screenshots to README file.

Do you have a plans to improve project functionality. In current version
it's not so user-friendly interface. Maybe tooltips is an easiest way to
achieve it.

I see Logs screen and About screen are empty. Is it not implemented yet or
do I do something wrong?

By the way, when documentation will be fixed, I will send information about
your project on dev-list and maybe a link on your project will be added on
Apache Ignite page (if there will be no any objections).

Thanks,
Artem.

Re: Accessing Cache from REST Services

Posted by sumeet70 <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artem,

I agree with all your observations. I have a batch of commits ready to
address some of the issues you mentioned.

I am traveling internationally for a couple of weeks so you will not see
much activity. And I agree that as it stands it is entirely an alpha...

Thanks for the feedback. Keep an eye out for the updates.

Thanks

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I should say that I have also looked at this project and I think it is
pretty cool, especially the ability to update caches from a UI interface.
Any UI can be infinitely improved, but I think this project is minimally
OK.

As I mentioned before, adding better installation instructions and
screenshots to the github project will go a long way. Once it is done, we
should be able to add a link to the Ignite website.

D.

Posted by sumeet70 <su...@gmail.com>.
About the log screen: I think there is an underlying bug in ignite rest
interface. The logs rest api doesn't seem to be working. I have not gotten
around to fixing the underlying ignite rest api issue.

Once that is fixed the ui log screen should be ready for release.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Sumeet,

Just want to let you know that I am also working on the webpage for the
Ignite website which could host such Ignite extensions as the one you have
created. Stay tuned.

D.

Posted by sumeet70 <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artem,

Posted by sumeet70 <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Artem,

As suggested, I have added additional instructions. See the "Usage Guide"
section.

I have also added sudo comment on npm start as well. The reason you ran
into that issue is probably because I was using port 80 as the default port
in a previous version of the code. It has been changed to 8081, so users
will not run into that issue in future.

My full name: Sumeet Singh

Posted by Artem Shutak <as...@gridgain.com>.
Hi sumeet70,

Is there any updates?

Thanks,
Artem.

Re: Accessing Cache from REST Services

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Sumeet,

Thanks a lot, this looks much better. If I can make another suggestion, can
you tag your branch with some release version, e.g. 0.1, which will mark a
stable code base our users can build from?

Thanks,
D.

Posted by Artem Shutak <as...@gridgain.com>.
Awesome!

The project with a README file looks really better. I will review it in a
couple of days.

Thanks,
Artem.

Re: Accessing Cache from REST Services