Posted to announce@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 12:44:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 6.6.0 released

The Apache Wicket PMC is proud to announce Apache Wicket 6.6.0!

This release marks the sixth minor release of Wicket 6. Starting
with Wicket 6 we use semantic versioning for the future development of
Wicket, and as such no API breaks are present in this release compared
to 6.0.0.

New and noteworthy

 * wicket:for attribute for html label tags

While already available for some time, the wicket-1.5.xsd now contains
a valid definition for the `wicket:for` attribute such that it

> Can be used in HTML `<label>` element to automatically link it
> to a form element. The value of this attribute must have the same value of
> the form component's wicket:id attribute.

So you can use the following markup:

<label wicket:for="someinput">Some label</label>
<input wicket:id="someinput" type="text">

 * Added a callback for an invalidated session

Session is extended with a life cycle event called `onInvalidate()`.
This method is executed when the user session is invalidated either
by explicit call to `org.apache.wicket.Session#invalidate()` or due
to HttpSession expiration.

In case of session expiration this method is called in a non-worker
thread, i.e. there are no thread locals exported for the Application,
RequestCycle and Session. The Session is the current instance. The
Application can be found by using `Application#get(String)`. There is
no way to get a reference to a RequestCycle.

Using this release

With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don't forget to
update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
    <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
    <version>6.6.0</version>
</dependency>

Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our
convenience binary package

 * Source: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.6.0
 * Binary: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.6.0/binaries

Upgrading from earlier versions

If you upgrade from 6.y.z this release is a drop in replacement. If
you come from a version prior to 6.0.0, please read our Wicket 6
migration guide found at

 * http://s.apache.org/wicket-6.0-migration

Have fun!

— The Wicket team

### Release Notes - Wicket - Version 6.6.0

#### Bugs

 * [WICKET-4723](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4723) -
tracking id retrieved in AtmosphereBehavior#onRequest() is always 0
 * [WICKET-4724](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4724) - the
option name "maxRequests" is wrong in jquery.wicketatmosphere.js
 * [WICKET-4926](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4926) -
CheckGroupSelector does not work in nested forms in modal windows
 * [WICKET-4984](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4984) - Update
quickstart info for changed workflow in IntelliJ idea
 * [WICKET-4990](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4990) -
Problem using AutoCompleteBehavior with
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange")
 * [WICKET-4998](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4998) -
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onkeypress") is triggered when Enter is
used on autocomplete list
 * [WICKET-5011](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5011) - Allow
Select to work with non-equals objects
 * [WICKET-5013](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5013) - Wicket
Enclosure fails with more than one component
 * [WICKET-5014](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5014) -
Changes in WicketObjects.sizeof(final Serializable object) clashes with
`<header-contribution>` in AjaxResponse
 * [WICKET-5019](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5019) -
Handling of NO_MINIFIED_NAME in
PackageResourceReference#internalGetMinifiedName()
 * [WICKET-5020](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5020) -
InlineEnclosureHandler always uses "wicket" namespace
 * [WICKET-5024](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5024) - Global
ajax event for precondition is not called
 * [WICKET-5027](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5027) -
FormTester#getInputValue() does not support Select/SelectOption nor other
custom components
 * [WICKET-5029](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5029) -
Palette does not allow to turn off localization
 * [WICKET-5031](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5031) -
Upgrade bootstrap to 2.3
 * [WICKET-5035](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5035) - script
tag with wicket:id does not throw exception if it was not added in the code
 * [WICKET-5036](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5036) - Post
Parameters are lost when continueToOriginalDestination() is called
 * [WICKET-5040](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5040) -
Session.exists() returns false when ThreadContext#session is not set to
current session

#### Improvement

 * [WICKET-4444](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4444) - Add a
callback to the Session which is called when the HttpSession is invalidated
 * [WICKET-4861](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4861) - Making
MultiFileUploadField use HTML5 multiple attr & remove confusing fakepath
 * [WICKET-4945](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4945) -
Wicket-atmosphere filters should be functions on AtmosphereResource
 * [WICKET-4946](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4946) - Allow
passing parameters to atmosphere JS
 * [WICKET-5003](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5003) - Add
wicket:for attribute in wicket.xsd
 * [WICKET-5006](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5006) -
Improve null display value in AbstractSingleSelectChoice
 * [WICKET-5010](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5010) -
Improve wicket-ajax.js to be able to work with jQuery 1.9+
 * [WICKET-5016](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5016) -
Updated Application_el.properties for 6.x
 * [WICKET-5017](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5017) -
BaseWicketTester#clickLink() doesn not serialize form to request for
SubmitLink but does for AjaxSubmitLink
 * [WICKET-5022](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5022) -
Improve Application_es.properties
 * [WICKET-5025](https://isues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5025) - Set
the component as a context to the ajax listeners