Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/18 07:11:10 UTC

Guacamole md5

Hi, I am using Guacamole + PostgreSQL on the same machine. I can see that
the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conffile needs to be changed from 'ident' to
md5  to allow username/password authentication for local connection. Can
another cipher algorithm be used?
Thanks!

Re: Guacamole md5

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 3:11 AM Paula Carboné <ca...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I am using Guacamole + PostgreSQL on the same machine. I can see that
> the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conffile needs to be changed from 'ident'
> to md5  to allow username/password authentication for local connection. Can
> another cipher algorithm be used?
> Thanks!

I don't think it particularly matters what password algorithm you use in
that configuration - it should not affect how Guacamole communicates with
the DB.

-Nick