Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS...@vinu.edu on 2001/11/19 19:49:54 UTC

Setting up Tomcat 4

I have a Sparc box running Solaris 8. I would like to set the JAVA_HOME
environment variable and I would also like to put a script in the rc3.d to
allow Tomcat to startup and shutdown with the server. I'm somewhat new to
the Solaris OS, so I was wondering if I could get more of an expert opinion
on how to do these two things the best.

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

Re: Setting up Tomcat 4

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> I have a Sparc box running Solaris 8. I would like to set the JAVA_HOME
> environment variable and I would also like to put a script in the rc3.d to
> allow Tomcat to startup and shutdown with the server. I'm somewhat new to
> the Solaris OS, so I was wondering if I could get more of an expert opinion
> on how to do these two things the best.

Never saw Sun, but on Digital UNIX I create a general purpose startup/shutdown script in /sbin/init.d/, that takes arguments {start|stop|restart|...} and create links in /sbin/rc3.d/ and /sbin/rc2.d/ directories to that file.

Nix.