Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2010/08/09 18:34:03 UTC

Request for variable-name-substitution goal (shaded-plugin?)

All

I am encountering the following malady:
    [javac] \fu\Bar.java:1664: warning: as o
f release 5, 'enum' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
    [javac] (use -source 5 or higher to use 'enum' as a keyword)
    [javac]     while (enum.hasMoreElements()) {

Is there a plugin e.g. shaded-plugin which has the capability to substitute a correct-variable-name for an incorrect-variable-name?
e.g. enum1 instead of enum

I have about 500 of these warnings in as many files and dont want to have to grind thru replacing variable name in each file

Thanks
Martin Gainty

Re: Request for variable-name-substitution goal (shaded-plugin?)

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

On Aug 9, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is there a plugin e.g. shaded-plugin which has the capability to substitute a correct-variable-name for an incorrect-variable-name?
>> e.g. enum1 instead of enum
>>
>> I have about 500 of these warnings in as many files and dont want to have to grind thru replacing variable name in each file
>
> I am unaware of a plugin that could do this, but Eclipse, Netbeans,
> UltraEdit etc can probably help with this task.

Or sed

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.