Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org> on 2024/01/04 13:05:28 UTC

Interest in an Apache IoT Track at EclipseCon EU in Mainz (Germany) later this year?

Hi folks,

I was contacted by some of my friends in the IoT Space at the Eclipse Foundation.

They are planning this year's EclipseCon to work closer together with the other foundations in this space and proposed an Apache IoT Track in paralel to the EclipseCon. This will be happening in Mainz in Germany I think 4 weeks before Community Over Code NA.

I promised to reach out to the projects I know at Apache that count to the IoT space.

I really liked the idea of networking with the other foundation's projects as I think this is something happening far too little.

So would you folks be interested in submitting talks and attending such a conference?

Also the CFP for CoC EU in Bratislava is only open for a few more days and so far the IoT related submissions have been ... let's say ... less than I was hoping for.

So if you folks are planning on submitting: Do your track-chair (me) a favor and don't submit on the last day ... it's always a hastle to whip up a schedule if you can't do it in an orderly way, but get "shot by what's there" on the last day.

Looking forward to feedback,

Chris

Re: Interest in an Apache IoT Track at EclipseCon EU in Mainz (Germany) later this year?

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Is there an agenda for Eclipse thing? Is it 4 weeks before CoC, their
preparations are probably ahead of ours..

Best,
Łukasz