Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jaan <ky...@neti.ee> on 2004/11/03 13:47:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache, mod_perl, Embperl egfault

Hi

I'm running Debian Sarge box with Apache/2.0.52, mod_perl/1.99_14,
Embperl/2.0rc1, Perl/v5.8.4 and lots of Perl modules installed from
CPAN. Embperl is CPAN module, not Debian package. But I tried also
Debian package, but got the same results.

It's serving quite big Perl application. It works, but sometimes I'll
get several segfault notices in error.log: [notice] child pid 1181 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)

Usually it browses OK, but sometimes it gives 0-sized responses.

I don't know how to track down the problem. Is it a bug in apache,
mod_perl, Embperl, Perl or one of the Perl modules?

Tnx,

Jaan

Re: [users@httpd] Apache, mod_perl, Embperl egfault

Posted by Filipus Klutiero <ch...@aei.ca>.
Jaan a écrit :

>Hi
>
>I'm running Debian Sarge box with Apache/2.0.52, mod_perl/1.99_14,
>Embperl/2.0rc1, Perl/v5.8.4 and lots of Perl modules installed from
>CPAN. Embperl is CPAN module, not Debian package. But I tried also
>Debian package, but got the same results.
>
>It's serving quite big Perl application. It works, but sometimes I'll
>get several segfault notices in error.log: [notice] child pid 1181 exit
>signal Segmentation fault (11)
>
>Usually it browses OK, but sometimes it gives 0-sized responses.
>
>I don't know how to track down the problem. Is it a bug in apache,
>mod_perl, Embperl, Perl or one of the Perl modules?
>
>Tnx,
>
>Jaan

I think it's a bug in mod_perl, but obtaining a core dump can help you
figure out.