Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 14:01:54 UTC

Unit tests on 1.0 branch failing

Hi,

I'm running the unit tests on the 1.0 branch and I saw the Clock test
failing twice:

Failed tests:   testClockDrift(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.stats.ClockTest):
Clock.Fast unexpected drift ater 100ms: -9ms (estimated limit was 5ms,
measured granularity was 1.0ms)

Failed tests:   testClockDrift(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.stats.ClockTest):
Clock.Fast unexpected drift ater 100ms: -11ms (estimated limit was 5ms,
measured granularity was 1.0ms)

I'll rerun the tests to see if this goes away.

best,
alex

Re: Unit tests on 1.0 branch failing

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 24.4.14 2:19 , Michael Dürig wrote:

> On 24.4.14 2:01 , Alex Parvulescu wrote:
>>
>> Failed tests:
>> testClockDrift(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.stats.ClockTest):
>> Clock.Fast unexpected drift ater 100ms: -9ms (estimated limit was 5ms,
>> measured granularity was 1.0ms)
>
> Most likely caused by http://svn.apache.org/r1589660. The estimated
> granularity pertains to the system clock. However might not be correct
> for the fast clock as there it could be set trough -Dfast.clock.interval
> and defaults to 10ms for Oak 1.0

Fixed in trunk and 1.0 now by adapting the test case to take the correct
timer granularity into consideration.

Michael

RE: Unit tests on 1.0 branch failing

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
I see it from time to time, but not always. maybe one out of ten
times....

regards
 marcel

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.