Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cmose <cj...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 13:47:33 UTC

Is there currently a version that supports JMS priority id on Qs?

Is there a current snapshot that supports the correct behavior of message
priority on a queue? I've got a july 26 snapshot of 4.1 that does not appear
to support that functionality. Also, if there is a version, how "production"
ready is it (if that's known)?
Thanks!

Re: Is there currently a version that supports JMS priority id on Qs?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, cmose <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> James,
> do you mean push the priority consumption to a number of consumers dedicated
> to just priority consumption?

Yes. e.g. have some consumers who process priorities > 3, some
processing > 5 and others processing all messages. You then have a
guarrenteed throughput rate based on priorities rather than hoping a
message with a 9 jumps ahead of a message with a 4 in the small buffer
that was used for reordering.

--

James
-------

Re: Is there currently a version that supports JMS priority id on Qs?

Posted by cmose <cj...@gmail.com>.
James,
do you mean push the priority consumption to a number of consumers dedicated
to just priority consumption? I understand that solution but unfortunately
it's not optimal for the architecture I'm currently working on. I'm
certainly interested in an activemq ordering of a queue based on the jms
priority id though if it ever comes up as an extension or addition. Thanks
much for the info, appreciate it.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.