Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> on 2006/10/03 09:10:38 UTC

[tiles] Re: Exception using Tiles

Barun Kumar Yadav ha scritto:
> Hi,
> When I am trying to use tiles feature using a tiles-defs.xml.  I am
> getting the following error.
>
> root cause
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't get definitions factory from
> context.
> org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.processDefinitionName(InsertTag
> .java:583)

This usually happens if Tiles definitions have not been initialized
correctly. Check if there is an exception at the start-up of the webapp.

RE: [tiles] Re: Exception using Tiles

Posted by Barun Kumar Yadav <by...@sapient.com>.
Thanks Antonio. It worked.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Barun Kumar Yadav <by...@sapient.com>.
Now its trying to read the tiles-defs.xml file, but its giving this
error.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error while parsing file
'/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml'. The public identifier must begin with either
a single or double quote character.
	org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(TilesPlugin.java:235)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.j
ava:1158)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:473)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

:118)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:79
9)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
7)

.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

root cause

org.apache.struts.tiles.DefinitionsFactoryException: Error while parsing
file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml'. The public identifier must begin with
either a single or double quote character.

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFile(I18nFa
ctorySet.java:551)

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFiles(I18nF
actorySet.java:479)

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.createDefaultFactor
y(I18nFactorySet.java:295)

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.initFactory(I18nFac
torySet.java:269)

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.initFactory(I18nFac
torySet.java:217)

org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.in
it(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:139)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.createDefinitionsFactory(TilesUtil
Impl.java:168)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.createDefinitionsFactory(TilesUtil.jav
a:205)
	org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(TilesPlugin.java:230)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.j
ava:1158)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:473)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

:118)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:79
9)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
7)

.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

- barun