Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/26 20:10:59 UTC

Is there an upgrade process for storm?

How do I upgrade from .0.9.4 to .0.9.5. Some of the engineers copied libs
into the lib directory. No idea if this will post a problem. I don't know
what to copy over from the lib directory and I don't want to overwrite
.0.9.5 files with the same name.

I guess I make sure i don't have a storm-core.0.9.4 in my .0.9.5 lib
directory. There is also a storm-kafka.0.9.4, but I don't know if that is
part of the storm dist or if the engineers here added it.

thanks for any ideas.

Re: Is there an upgrade process for storm?

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.
Also interested in the question above about storm and zk dirs.

In addition: Is it possible to do rolling cluster upgrades, taking down
node by node? I'm not sure how abstract the protocol is. We currently run
0.9.3 and want to move to 0.10, should we do this release by release, or
can we simply directly go there?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Chief Data Architect*

W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
E robin@us2.nl

<http://goo.gl/Lt7BC>
*What is CloudPelican? <http://goo.gl/HkB3D>*

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
irrevocably delete this message and any copies.

Posted by "sy.pan" <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi, all:

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!