Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Rosher <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 14:35:03 UTC

setNeedDocSet and queries cached in filter_cache

Hi,

We've written a few searchComponenets that make use
of rb.setNeedDocSet(true); the trouble with this is that the query gets
cached in the filter_cache, and we think are purging our more 'useful'
docsets from the filter_cache.

Has anyone else noticed this and has a useful remedy?

We are currently using the solr.FastLRUCache and solr 4.5.1. I was thinking
of creating the docset in the first component that uses it, cached for use
by other components, then finally discarded.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

Re: setNeedDocSet and queries cached in filter_cache

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

do you see the evidence of "purging" via the evictions on the cache?

Dmitry

--
Dmitry
Blog: http://dmitrykan.blogspot.com