Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 09:46:38 UTC

[lang] 3.0 thoughts again

So... I'd like to:

* Move to JDK 1.5 as a minimum (generating class 49 jars to stop
accidental usage on pre 1.5).
* Remove deprecated code.
* Look into other code to deprecate based on the move to JDK 1.5.
* Create a CI site, as opposed to a user site.
* Move to an m2 build (dropping ant/m1).

Based on previous discussions, I'm presuming some of this will raise
opinions. Does anyone mind if I start playing with the above on an
experimental -3.0 branch (trunk would become 2.4-SNAPSHOT)?

Hen

Re: [lang] 3.0 thoughts again

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Since my project is JDK5, I'd love for the commons projects to start
moving to JDK5. :-)  I hate having to put in those @SuppressWarnings
annotations everywhere I use commons collections.