Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jeetendra G <je...@housing.com> on 2015/07/20 15:25:50 UTC

Regarding using of apache kafka

Hi all

is it good to Kafka only when very less  events daily means 5 millions
events per month.

I am thinking to use apache Kafka because it integrate nicely with spark
streaming in any of the big data service providers like
hortonworks,dataBricks

Do i need to setup and assign different machine for Kafka or we can enable
the Kafka in the same cluster?

Regards
Jeetendra

Re: Regarding using of apache kafka

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Since Kafka's performance largely depends on the operating system page
cache. So usually people want to use dedicated machines for Kafka. But that
depends on your performance requirement as well. If you only have 5 million
messages per month, I think letting Kafka share the machines with other
systems should be fine.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin