Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> on 2013/11/05 22:41:49 UTC

Generated help mojo and dependency to plexus-util

In the docs of m-plugin-p [1] it says that the generated help mojo has a
dependency to plexus-util. But I can't see that dependency in the generated
code. Am I missing something obvious or is the docs incorrect?

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/using-annotations.html

/Anders

Re: Generated help mojo and dependency to plexus-util

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 6 November 2013 18:19, Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> wrote:
>> you fixed the doc in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-235 :)
>>

> Oh my, don't even recall doing that...
> Thanks for keeping track of my work! :-)

The benefits of source control and issue tracking.
I dont understand how its even possible for projects to still not use those...

Re: Generated help mojo and dependency to plexus-util

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

[SCM-530] Add support for git submodules to git SCM provider

Posted by Tomasz Krakowiak <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I would like to contribute to maven. I’m maintain a few projects using maven and git with submodules. I have each artifact in separated repository and some aggregating poms in repositories with submodules. Deploying snapshots works like a charm, but when it comes to release it’s really time-consuming releasing each module separately. Common workaround for this issue involves enabling commitByProject and disabling pushChanges option. Still, it is workaround.

I already described how I think it should work here - https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-530 .

One thing troubles me:
- I would like to extend AbstractGitScmProvider in maven-scm-provider-git-commons so it would have abstract List<GitSubmodule> listSubmodules(boolean) method.
- Create abstract class for git checkout command and pass AbstractGitScmProvider object to it in constructor. (I might also extract interface from AbstractGitScmProvider with listSubmodules method).

When I dug through the SCM code I haven’t found suchlike practices. Everything is very schematic. Therefore maybe I should implement it abstract git checkout command with abstract List<GitSubmodule> listSubmodules(boolean) method?

I would be glad for reply, because I’m new here and I don’t know how things are getting done around here nor who supervise this module.

Regards,
Tomasz