Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de> on 2003/12/18 14:05:30 UTC

Status Update

Hi,

following the previous discussion on JaxMe as a project in incubation I have
  commited a status update. As this is mainly the initial update I omit
posting a patch and instead post the complete file below.

Jochen

!!!JaxMe Project Incubation status

This page tracks the project status, incubator-wise. Items marked
__DONE__ have been completed.

!!!Project Website

The website for JaxMe is at http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/

!!!Identify the project to be incubated

*Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist
      and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not
      already trademarked for an existing software product.

*If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
      package, then ask the Apache project for the cvs module and mail
      address names.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106198386600001&r=1&w=2

__DONE__

!!!Interim responsibility

*Who has been identified as the shepherd for the incubation?

Davanum Srinivas, dims@yahoo.com

__DONE__

*Are they tracking progress?

Progress is tracked in

       incubator/site/projects/jaxme.cwiki

__DONE__

!!!Copyright

*Have the papers that transfer rights to the ASF been received?
      It is only necessary to transfer rights for the package, the
      core code, and any new code produced by the project.

According to

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/jaxme/JaxMe2/docs/Design.html?rev=1.6#pastvotes

the ASF is the legal owner of all sources that have been checked in
initially. New code and updates are produces by committers only who
have signed a CLA.

__DONE__

*Have the files been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright?

All Java source files have an ASF copyright notice included.

__DONE__

Verify distribution rights:

*For all code included with the distribution that is not under the
      Apache license, do we have the right to combine with Apache-licensed
      code and redistribute?

The distribution includes the JaxMe jar files and the following files:

         ant.jar         (Ant)
         junit.jar       (Jakarta JUnit)
         log4j.jar       (Jakarta Log4J)
         xercesImpl.jar  (XML Xerces)
         xml-apis.jar
         xmldb-api-*.jar (XML Xindice)

Proper license files are also included. The build process (test
case) depends on hsqldb.jar, which is not included in the distribution,
for license issues.

__DONE__

*Is all source code distributed by the project covered by one or more
      of the following approved licenses:  Apache, BSD, Artistic, MIT/X,
      MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially the same terms?

__DONE__

!!!Establish a list of active committers

*Are all active committers in the STATUS file?

Active committers are:
   Davanum Srinivas, dims@yahoo.com
   Jochen Wiedmann, joe@ispsoft.de
   Ias, ias@apache-korea.org

Inactive commiters are:
   Robert Burell Donkin, rdonkin@apache.org

__DONE__

-*Do they have accounts on cvs.apache.org?

Yes

__DONE__

*Have they submitted a contributors agreement?

Yes

__DONE__

!!!Infrastructure

*CVS modules created and committers added to avail file?

The CVS module is ws-jaxme and in active use.

__DONE__

*Mailing lists set up and archived?

from CVS and Bugzilla. Mailing list is archived in Eyebrowse and on
marc.theaimsgroup.com.

__DONE__

*Problem tracking system (Bugzilla)?

Bugzilla is up and running, a project ws-jaxme and associated
components have been created.

__DONE__

*Has the project migrated to our infrastructure?

See above.

__DONE__

!!!Collaborative Development

*Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified
      and acknowledged as committers on the project?

All active committers and contributors of JaxMe 2 (sf.net) are now
active committers on ws-jaxme. There are active committers left
which are only working on JaxMe 1. It is anticipated, that they
migrate at some point, but so far they have expressed no interest.

__DONE__

*Are there three or more independent committers?

The active committers indicated above are completely independent.

__DONE__

*Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?

Yes, for example Ias was accepted as a new committer.

__DONE__

*Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by
      all of the committers?

No special guidelines have been published. The Apache style of
development is known to us all and silently accepted.

__DONE__

!!!Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project

*If graduating to an existing PMC, has the PMC voted to accept it?

Yes. See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106198386600001&r=1&w=2

__DONE__

!!!Incubator sign-off

*Has the Incubator decided that the project has accomplished all
      of the above tasks?

RE: Status Update

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> Hi,
>
> following the previous discussion on JaxMe as a project in
> incubation I have
>   commited a status update. As this is mainly the initial
> update I omit posting a patch and instead post the complete
> file below.

Thanks very much for your great work on revising status of our project,
JaxMe. :-)

Ias