Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/06/27 17:08:51 UTC

[Tapestry Wiki] Update of "Tapestry41WishList" by NorbertSandor

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NorbertSandor:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry41WishList

   * '''Restart sevice to load Home page''' Rather than load the servlet path, make the Restart service load the Home page just like Home service does. I makes friendly URLs one bit simpler to implement.

+  * '''Make components globally accessible''' Make it possible to get rid of component libraries, allowing easier component inheritance. Components should be identified in a global namespace, java packages are a logical choice. For example instead of framework:TextField one should use org.apache.tapestry.form.TextField. Component libraries make a component very difficult to use in another component library. Suppose that I have a custom mylibrary:CompositePanel component which references a component of the same library by SomeCustomComponent. Because SomeCustomComponent has a meaning only in the context of mylibrary, CompositePanel cannot be used in another library (for example as a base class).
+