Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tom Ziemer <t....@dkfz-heidelberg.de> on 2005/04/27 16:28:16 UTC

service.createCall() vs. axis-generated stubs

Hi,

after spending some time on looking for axis examples / tutorials, I am
curious why most people are using service.createCall(),
call.setTargetEndpointAddress(), etc. instead of the stubs that are
generated by the axis ant task.

I think using the ant/stub approach is a much cleaner and more elegant
way than to call a service directly. Of course I am still quite
inexperienced with axis but I still think it's odd. Is there any reason
not to use the code generated by ant? Are there any drawbacks that I am
not aware of?

Regards,
Tom