Posted to users@camel.apache.org by unludo <un...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/30 15:42:21 UTC

defaultEndpoint must be specified with seda request/reply

When running this program I get the message 'defaultEndpoint must be
specified'. Could you help me understand why?
Thank you!

    public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception
    {
        // create CamelContext
        CamelContext context = new DefaultCamelContext();

        // add our route to the CamelContext
        context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder()
        {
            public void configure()
            {

from("seda:backend").inOut("http4://10.11.144.78:8080/pvaa-backend/rest/v1/users/json");
            }
        }

        );

        // start the route and let it do its work
        context.start();
        ProducerTemplate template = context.createProducerTemplate();

        Object result = template.requestBody("seda:backend");

        Thread.sleep(30000);

        context.stop();
    }

Re: defaultEndpoint must be specified with seda request/reply

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
If you look at the JavaDoc, you will see that:
template.requestBody("seda:backend");
will send the String "seda:backend" to the default Endpoint which you
didn't specify.

You have to possible solutions:
1) set the default endpoint:
createProducerTemplate.setDefaultEndpointUri("seda:backend")

2) provide the endpoint in the requestBody method
template.requestBody("seda:backend", "body");

Best,
Christian