Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Yi Lyu <co...@qq.com> on 2017/07/01 16:02:08 UTC

Re: Updating the official homepage

More direct information display, more refreshing nice homepage!
Congratulations!

------------------
Yi Lyu

From:  "Sora Lee";<so...@zepl.com>;
Date:  Fri, Jun 30, 2017 02:33 PM
To:  "users"<us...@zeppelin.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Updating the official homepage

​Hi, all!
I delighted to tell you about the updated http://zeppelin.apache.org/ web site (finally as well).

if anyone feels uncomfortable on webpage, please do not hesitate and give me a feedback. It would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sora

Hi users,

the broken images URLs issue is just fixed.

- http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/interpreter/r.html#using-the-r-interpreter

Thanks.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Create PR to resolve those issues.

- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2450 (broken image URLs)
- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2451 (V scrolls for setup, usage menus)

Would be nice to help review these PRs.

Thanks.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com> wrote:
macOS Sierra, MacBook Pro 15-inch, and Chrome browser.

It looks different with me :)
Thanks for your agree!

2017년 6월 29일 (목) 오후 7:32, Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Thanks for reporting them.

-Regarding invalid image URLs, I found the cause and will fix ASAP. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2707)

@Jun Kim,

Which browser and OS you are using?

And it seems that we need V scrolls for them. (Setup, Usage) like the interpreter menu.

Regard,

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com> wrote:
I love it! Obviously better than before :)

But Usage & Setup drop-downs are too long and the ends of them are cut!
So, I think they need scroll bars like Interpreter drop-down.

The image below shows that the drop-down is cut.

2017년 6월 29일 (목) 오후 4:25, Prabhjyot Singh <pr...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Not sure if this is related but images are missing in all interpreters. e.g http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/interpreter/r.html#using-the-r-interpreter

On 29 June 2017 at 12:40, Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Documentation page is just updated (finally)

- http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/

Regard,

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Sora Lee <so...@zepl.com> wrote:

​Hi all!

regarding of 2. Updating the official homepage​. there are some bugs in official homepage. So I separated a PR which is related with `quick interpreter links and single/multi-user setting links.
 - https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2394

Any feedback will be so delighted.

Thanks,
Sora

Hi all,

1. Updating documentation page

PR was submitted a week ago. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. (design, content structure, bug(?),... )

- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2371

 2. Updating the official homepage

PR was submitted 5 days ago. The review is ongoing. Please suggest any changes if you have

- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2381

Thanks.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Sora Lee <so...@zepl.com> wrote:

Hi, all

Regarding updating main homepage, I've just created a PR in WIP status, but design part is done.

 - https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2381

If anyone suggests idea or give me feedback, it would be appreciated!

(And, I added a github link under Community in the navigation.)

Thanks,
Sora

     I think it's important to keep a link to the github mirror some where? Under Community or Apache?

Posted by Reminia Scarlet <re...@gmail.com>.
I think the font style of title quick start/usage and so on is better look in version 0.7.1.
The title font could  be a little thick.

Re: Re: Updating the official homepage

Posted by Windy Qin <wi...@163.com>.
I think this page (http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/ ) is more comfortable

Thanks