Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org> on 2012/12/03 14:46:30 UTC

wicket-library.com session expiring too early

Hello *,

I try filing this "bug" (whishlist) here, because I haven't found any contact
email on the wicket-library.com website.

As a wicket newbie, I use wicket-library.com examples a lot. However reading
through Java/HTML code, understanding what's going on, identifying relevant
lines of code, copying them in your own project and testing them takes quite a
bit of time. That time usually exceeds the configured time for the user
session at wicket-library.com, at least for a newbie like me.

That results in "page expired" messages when you go back to your browser
window and click another source file to look at. You then have to go back to
the website home, choose your example again and walk through the links to
reach the source file you were looking for.

All this makes the already steep (*) wicket learning curve even harder,
because it breaks concentration while studying examples.

Would it be possible to raise the session timeout at wicket-library.com?

(*) in general pull-MVC frameworks are harder to learn than push-MVC ones, I
don't mean to say it's a wicket specific challenge.

Re: wicket-library.com session expiring too early

Posted by Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org>.
In data lunedì 3 dicembre 2012 19:58:55, Lucio Crusca ha scritto:
> Thanks, I've deployed locally. How do I raise the session timeout?

Never mind, I've found it:

<session-config>
  <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>

in web.xml.

Re: wicket-library.com session expiring too early

Posted by Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The examples are hosted for free by this hosting provider.
The short session timeout is one of their requirements to keep the used
memory low.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org> wrote:

> Hello *,
>
> I try filing this "bug" (whishlist) here, because I haven't found any
> contact
> email on the wicket-library.com website.
>
> As a wicket newbie, I use wicket-library.com examples a lot. However
> reading
> through Java/HTML code, understanding what's going on, identifying relevant
> lines of code, copying them in your own project and testing them takes
> quite a
> bit of time. That time usually exceeds the configured time for the user
> session at wicket-library.com, at least for a newbie like me.
>
> That results in "page expired" messages when you go back to your browser
> window and click another source file to look at. You then have to go back
> the website home, choose your example again and walk through the links to
> reach the source file you were looking for.
>
> All this makes the already steep (*) wicket learning curve even harder,
> because it breaks concentration while studying examples.
>
> Would it be possible to raise the session timeout at wicket-library.com?
>
> (*) in general pull-MVC frameworks are harder to learn than push-MVC ones,
> don't mean to say it's a wicket specific challenge.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development