Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 15:52:58 UTC

TextArea.onComponentTagBody not called

Hi,

I am developing components similar to the EditableLable and noticed that
when I replace in the code TextField with a TextArea but the markup remains
<input type="text"> no exception was thrown.

TextArea has:

	@Override
	protected final void onComponentTagBody(final MarkupStream markupStream,
		final ComponentTag openTag)
	{
		checkComponentTag(openTag, "textarea");
		replaceComponentTagBody(markupStream, openTag, getValue());
	}

but it is never called... at least when I put a breakpoint in it it is not
hit whereas in TextField it is.

This is not causing me a problem but I thought perhaps it could indicate a
problem.

I am using 1.4-RC1

John

Re: TextArea.onComponentTagBody not called

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.
The check is not made because the tag was an OpenClose tag.  When I change
the type of the tag to Open it is called.