Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Narayanan Seshadri <Na...@Yodlee.com> on 2001/06/08 00:36:35 UTC

Soap4J and HTTP 1.1 Keep-Alive/Persistent support

Hi,

If this topic is already discussed, please point me the message thread.
I am trying to use the SOAP4J and take advantage of HTTP 1.1 's keep-alive
functionality. I am interested in doing this to avoid creating a socket
every time and use the same connection to make multiple requests one after
the other.

I have tried to use the latest SOAP implementation and found that the HTTP
response header has Transfer-Encoding: chunked which adds the content-length
as part of the body of the message. Because of this extra content-length in
the body of the message, the parser throws exception.

Is there  a plan to handle this chunked encoding and extract the message
appropriately?

Thanks
-Narayanan

RE: Soap4J and HTTP 1.1 Keep-Alive/Persistent support

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
I got it working, but it wasn't a complete implementation. It was more of an
experiment than anything else. If there is another version of Apache SOAP,
we can add this capability.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I do not understand how you get chunked encoding at all.  Apache SOAP
clients send requests as HTTP/1.0 (cf. HTTPUtils.java).  I thought chunked
encoding was a 1.1 feature that a server should not use with a 1.0 client.

Scott