Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hrishit Patel <hr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/12 12:33:03 UTC

Introducing Myself + Infrastructure Module

Hello Dev Community,

I am Hrishit. I've just joined this community.

I am a student at IIT kanpur, India and looking forward to work with Open
Office.

As, I am new to this, I've started with Volunteer Orientation and I am done
with till Infrastructure Module.
I am good at C/C++ and would like to work with dev. (rather learn something
for me :) )
So , what should be my next step as there are no giudelines for dev. in
Orientation program. As of now, I am starting with looking at source code
and Bugzilla.

thanks and cheers,
hrishit

Re: Introducing Myself + Infrastructure Module

Posted by Hrishit Patel <hr...@gmail.com>.
Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Hrishit,
>
> Hrishit Patel schrieb:
>
>> Hello Dev Community,
>>
>> I am Hrishit. I've just joined this community.
>>

> welcome on board.

>> I am a student at IIT kanpur, India and looking forward to work with Open
>> Office.
>>
>> As, I am new to this, I've started with Volunteer Orientation and I am
>> done
>> with till Infrastructure Module.
>> I am good at C/C++ and would like to work with dev. (rather learn
>> something
>> for me :) )
>> So , what should be my next step as there are no giudelines for dev. in
>> Orientation program. As of now, I am starting with looking at source code
>> and Bugzilla.
>>

> Do you have already found an area, in which you are interested?

Not as yet.

> The next step is to get your own build. If you will implement something
> later on, you will write and test it locally, generate a patch, and append
> the patch to an issue in Bugzilla. An experienced developer will approve
> the patch and commit it to trunk.

But I have just started with building AOO and get back once I get some idea
about the whole system.

> On which OS do you work? Getting a build environment and building on
> Windows has a lot of steps. In any case, please don't hesitate to ask here.

I use Linux debian, though I am relatively new to Linux, I hope I'll mange
with it.

> There is a build guide on the Wiki, you have already seen it?
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/**wiki/Documentation/Building_**Guide_AOO<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO>
>
> If you prefer git, you can use git-svn. That is not described in the
> guide. Please ask here, if you need help on it.
>

> Kind regards
> Regina

Thanks for this, I am already feeling at home here.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Hrishit,