Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Russell Gold <ru...@oracle.com> on 2017/08/16 17:21:13 UTC

Unable to do a release with Java 9

This is the first time I have tried doing a release since the -ea designator was removed from Java 9.

I have upgraded the enforcer and javadoc plugins to 3.0.0-M1
I have filed a bug <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSITE-794> against the site plugin

But when I try to close the uploaded repository in Nexus, it fails, complaining that the public key is missing. I see no recent updates to the gpg plugin.

Has anybody succeeded in doing a release with Java 9 (build 175 or higher)?

Thanks,
Russ

Re: Unable to do a release with Java 9

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@oracle.com>.
Thanks, Robert.

I’ve done some further experimentation, and was able to upload a repository for a different project to a different repository successfully. I’m not yet sure what the problem is - the repository? Something in the configuration? I’ll have to try some things.

I’d actually upgraded the javadoc plugin, but the site plugin appears to be picking up an older one. I suspect that if the site plugin or the master POM isn’t updated, a lot of people will start running into this. I’m just at the front of it because my project includes an MR jar and needs Java 9.

Thanks,
Russ

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Russ,