Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Götz Wankelmuth <go...@gmx.de> on 2005/11/19 11:04:20 UTC

NEWBIE Problem with Tiles

Hi,

I want to use Tiles with JSF and without Struts.

Is there a tiles.jar available anywhere, or have I to install struts.jar?

Best regards,
Götz

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Dr. Götz Wankelmuth

Dr. Götz Wankelmuth
Weiherstr. 4a
D-90530 Wendelstein

mailto:goetz.wankelmuth@gmx.de
tel: +49 (0)9129 45 73
mobile: +49 (0)172 13 25 180

Re: NEWBIE Problem with Tiles

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 11/19/05, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:

> Götz Wankelmuth wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to use Tiles with JSF and without Struts.
> >
> > Is there a tiles.jar available anywhere, or have I to install struts.jar
> ?
>
> Not yet (at least not released), but it's being worked on. I haven't
> been tracking the status of the 'standalone Tiles' work, but I believe
> it's either done or close to done. You might want to try searching the
> dev list for 'standalone Tiles'.

Indeed, nightly builds of this library are available:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/sandbox/tiles-core/

Craig

Re: NEWBIE Problem with Tiles

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
On Nov 19, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Laurie Harper wrote:

> I haven't been tracking the status of the 'standalone Tiles' work,
> but I believe it's either done or close to done.

I haven't had much time to work on Standalone of late.  I've been
trying to shore up the doc for the Struts version.  But, hopefully,
once that is done it will mostly still apply to the Standalone
version with only a few changes.  I have begun a major refactoring
effort on the internals of Standalone Tiles.  I'm about halfway
done.  The next big step is to get the taglib working again.  Then I
can check in the refactored version, test cases and all.  After that
another refactoring step will be required to remove servlet API
dependencies so tiles will work in a portlet environment.  Then we
might be close to being done :-)

I'll try to get my changes in sooner rather than later so people can
start playing with them and giving feedback/contributions, etc.
Maybe over the holiday?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: NEWBIE Problem with Tiles

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Götz Wankelmuth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use Tiles with JSF and without Struts.
>
> Is there a tiles.jar available anywhere, or have I to install struts.jar?

Not yet (at least not released), but it's being worked on. I haven't
been tracking the status of the 'standalone Tiles' work, but I believe
it's either done or close to done. You might want to try searching the
dev list for 'standalone Tiles'.

L.