Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor)" <ar...@fanniemae.com> on 2005/09/30 16:31:28 UTC

How to get element name from xmlbeans type objects?

Suppose, I have this in xml:

<Parent>
  <child>bla-bla</child>
</Parent>

In the schema there's:
	<xs:element name="Parent" type="ParentType"/>
	<xs:complexType name="ParentType">
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element ref="dependent"/>
		</xs:sequence>
	</xs:complexType>

	<xs:element name="dependent" type="dependentType"/>
	<xs:complexType name="dependentType">
		... Bla-bla...
	</xs:complexType>

	<xs:element name="son" type="childType"
substitutionGroup="dependent"/>
	<xs:element name="daughter" type="childType"
substitutionGroup="child"/>

	<xs:complexType name="childType">
		<xs:complexContent>
			<xs:extension base="dependentType">
		... Bla-bla...
			</xs:extension>
		</xs:complexContent>
	</xs:complexType>

Now, in my Java code, one component gets a reference of "son" element:

ParentType pt =...
DependentType dt = pt.getDependentType();

If I pass the reference of dt to another component, how would this
component find out that dt is actually "son" or "daughter"? I need to
know dt's element name.

Thanks
argyn