Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Marcin Juszkiewicz <ma...@linaro.org> on 2017/12/06 12:42:43 UTC

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

W dniu 25.11.2017 o 00:14, Olaf Flebbe pisze:

> on the ARM64 CI Host (centos-7)  docker networking seems to be to
> instable to be useful.
>
> In a docker machine calling this command (fedora26 on aarch64, but
> others as well) fails (timeouts) for about 50% of all tries.
>
> curl -v -o /dev/null
> 'http://conjars.org/repo/org/pentaho/pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm/5.1.5-jhyde/pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm-5.1.5-jhyde.jar'
>
>  On the docker host this works flawless. Nameserver (8.8.8.8) the
> same for machine and host.
>
> I am out of options, will have to cancel efforts to port bigtop on
> aarch64 for now.
>
> docker --version Docker version 1.12.5, build 047e51b/1.12.5
>
> I have no idea where this docker installation comes from, since it is
> not enabled in systemd / init.

Can I suggest moving to Debian 9 'stretch' as system for CI aarch64
host? Linaro provides build of Docker CE 17.06 for that distribution and
(so far) I did not had any issues with Docker behaviour on my servers
using it.

We have two VM instances prepared for such use - send me ssh public key
and I will add it to account with sudo permissions.

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Marcin,

thank you very much for your effort. Sent via DM. Will share the key when set up

Olaf