Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> on 2008/01/30 09:53:19 UTC

[tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?

Hi,

I see Leonard is currently doing a lot of work on something called "tomahawk 1.2", which surprised me a little.

I have checked the mail archives, and see some discussions happening around june 2007 regarding having a version of tomahawk specifically for JSF1.2.

But since then, we have started "apache commons". I think therefore that rather than have a tomahawk 1.2, it would be better to split tomahawk up into pieces that live in "commons" modules, or at least extract all the bits we can, then call the remaining bits something other than "tomahawk".

Tomahawk code is really rather old and crusty and I don't see a lot of point moving it as-is to JSF1.2.

Getting a release of tomahawk 1.1.7 out, however, would be a very good idea.

Regards,
Simon

Re: [tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think that Leonardo is working on generating the components classes
tlds, facelet-taglibs with the maven-faces-plugin - I'm pretty sure
this makes sense.

As this will then mean there is a switch to either use JSF1.2 or 1.1
in the generation (hopefully this will work) both 1.1.7 and a 1.2
based version could be released.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
I am very invested in Tomahawk.  I agree we need to simplify things, but
we MUST maintain Tomahawk.  If we do not, then who will use ANY of the
MyFaces component libraries if we let libraries die.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Simon,

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.