Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Andrés Ivaldi <ia...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 17:28:11 UTC

Web Service Rest

Hello, I'm newbie with Apache Zepellin, what I need is very basic, just get
a csv or json data from WS then transform the data with spark, and show
some reports.

What could be the best approach to do it?

Create a JAR with helpers to access the WS in a easy way then with Zeppelin
access to it and process the data with spark.

Directly give the spark context to the helper and process all there?

Or Zeppeling already have something out of the box for it?

I'm thinking on something like this with the helper

val jsonData = MyHelper.getCustomersMetrics()
//All spark code to process jsonData

or directly the DataFrame as result

val df = MyHelper.getCustomerMetrics(sc)

regards.

--
Ing. Ivaldi Andres

Re: Web Service Rest

Posted by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Try it out and let me know if you need some additional features.

I have a latest version which supports few more different input types.

Regards,
Sourav

Re: Web Service Rest

Posted by Andrés Ivaldi <ia...@gmail.com>.