Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Matzura <nu...@noisynotes.com> on 2015/02/04 20:19:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Still no luck with protected login

I've taken a copy of a site-specific configuration that worked on a
2.2 server and applied it, with changes reflecting different directory
names, to a 2.4 server. The 2.4 machine lets me into the protected
area without asking for login credentials. I've sent a copy of the
.conf file I'm using to Eric but haven't heard anything back. Anyone
have any idea where I should be looking to solve this? Oh yes, all the
logs are clean, all the paths exist, I'm stumped at this point.

Re: [users@httpd] Still no luck with protected login

Posted by Steve Matzura <nu...@noisynotes.com>.
No. The one and only .htaccess required was created with htpass. And
if I did forget, wouldn't httpd report a missing file error?

Posted by fedora <fe...@ayni.com>.