Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/07 12:04:57 UTC

Add server - file permission

In my Debian 11, adding a server to Netbeans 15 requires that I add
_*the directory*_ '/opt/tomcat/bin', as the place where server is
located I think 😕
However, the file requires Authentication, is that the reason NB15
cannot accept the directory as the server directory location?
Anyone know how to add Tomcat and GlassFish to NB15?

Thanks in advance

Re: Add server - file permission

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
As mentioned it’s a permissions problem.  The servers may need execution
and/or write permission to the folder which if you don’t have them it may
not work.

There’s always the documentation (1) (2) that may help

(1) https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/setup.html
(2) https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/RUNNING.txt

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 12:54 PM Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, if you do not have right to that directory, then just install Tomcat
> in your HOME directory. That would work fine.
> On 12/7/22 04:04, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
>
> In my Debian 11, adding a server to Netbeans 15 requires that I add *the
> directory* '/opt/tomcat/bin', as the place where server is located I
> think 😕
> However, the file requires Authentication, is that the reason NB15 cannot
> accept the directory as the server directory location?
> Anyone know how to add Tomcat and GlassFish to NB15?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com