Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com> on 2009/08/16 13:53:03 UTC

Distribution of Wink podling artifacts to maven central

Hi Brian/John,
I have a question regarding making Wink maven artifacts available on maven central.

Currently we use "Nexus Staging Suite" for managing our project releases and we would like to distribute Wink podling to maven central repository (so
projects will not have to explicitly define the repository to have a wink dependency).

My question is - after we promote our Staging Repository to a Hosted repository, will Wink artifacts be automatically available in maven central,
or additional step is required to archive this?

Based on Incubation Policy [1] : "[...] the Podling MAY choose to
distribute approved releases through other channels like the central
Maven repository."

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

I also found this thread, related to this issue.
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Incubator-maven-artifacts-on-maven-central-tt24725055.html#a24729623

Please advice,
--martin

RE: Distribution of Wink podling artifacts to maven central

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
Thanks for clarification.

--martin

The apache releases repo is synced twice a day to central. So yes once
you promote, it will get picked up on thenext sync.

--Brian (mobile)

On Aug 16, 2009, at 7:53 AM, "Snitkovsky, Martin" <martin.snitkovsky@hp.com

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
Thanks for clarification.