Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 23:52:00 UTC

Why API? [was Re: Bernd Bohmann's 1.1 concerns with Commons [was: [VOTE] Commons API JSF 1.2 only]]

Forking this part of the discussion.

:)  I will say that the Configurator's aren't completely isolated from
the classpath ordering issue.  But I'm hoping that the combination of
universal processing for common tasks (like multi-part form handling)
and the ordering system allowed by the service's framework I wrote,
might help mitigate some of the issues.

One thing I didn't add, that I could later, is the ability to have true
service "dependencies", but for now the ordinal-based ordering should
help tremendously...

Scott