Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rafael Muneton <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/03 03:09:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot access my first web app

I have my first web app; it was developed in Perl with MySQL and using
Apache 2.2 as the  Web Server.

I am working in Windows, both XP SP2 and in Vista Home.

When I access my web app in my Server, I need to type only,

      http://localhost:8080/Cambifon/indice.pl

and it works just great!.

But when I try to access from another machine in my intranet, not my
Server, then I type,

     http://rafael/localhost/Cambifon/indice.pl

where 'rafael' is the name of the Server.

And nothing happens, the client machine tries for a good time and gives
up.(Connection reset by peer)

Am I missing something in my apache configuration file?????

Or I did something wrong.

Any idea is welcome.

Rafael.

When everything fails,  read the instructions!

RE: [users@httpd] Cannot access my first web app

Posted by Geoff Millikan <gm...@t1shopper.com>.
> If yes, then try this:
> http://rafael/Cambifon/indice.pl

Make that:

http://rafael:8080/Cambifon/indice.pl

RE: [users@httpd] Cannot access my first web app

Posted by Geoff Millikan <gm...@t1shopper.com>.
>From the command line, can you ping rafael like this:

prompt> ping rafael

If not, then you need to figure out what the FQDN is.  Something like this:
prompt> ping rafael.mycompany.com

Re: [users@httpd] Cannot access my first web app(Resolved)

Posted by Rafael Muneton <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you Erick:

I knew it was something really easy but I couldn't see it.

Setting in the hosts file my Servername ===> rafael.muneton.com along with the IP address ===> 192.168.1.64  solved the problem.
And now it works just fine and very fast.

Thanks again.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.