Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by airflowuser <ai...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/29 13:04:03 UTC

Creation of new hooks

I'm wondering if the current approach to edit models.py for each new hook is the best way to go.
This issue is discussed in several Jira tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1307
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2316

The problem is that each new hooks requires to "duplicate" code on models.py with it's unique name.

If I also read currently pending PR requesting to add new hooks they also miss the required edit of the models.py and tests are passing for them.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/4111
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/4101

Maybe this is another thing should be re-evaluated for 2.0.0 ?