Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Douglas Conklin <do...@nightfire.com> on 2002/01/24 21:33:24 UTC

Xalan / XSLTC classpath issues.

There is a note in the XSLTC documentation which speaks of some conflicts in
implementation of SAX and DOM classes between XSLTC and Xalan.

------
For the time being, the Xalan processor and XSLTC do not yet use the same
DOM, SAX, and parser infastructures. Accordingly, you may find it necessary
to reset the system classpath each time you switch between the Xalan
processor and XSLTC. For information on setting the classpath for the Xalan
processor, see Setting the system classpath for Xalan.
------

I have looked through the jar files for the libraries which XSLTC needs,
though, and I can't see anything which would cause a conflict.

I also saw a posting to this list that said the Xalan jar file should be at
the end of the classpath to use XSLTC.

This note seems to imply that I can not use Xalan (for plain text style
sheets) and XSLTC (for compiled style sheets) both in the same running VM.

Is note still an issue, and does it prevent me using both approaches to
applying style sheets in the same VM?

Thanks in advance.

	easy,
	douglas d