Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Douglas Leite <do...@apache.org> on 2009/05/20 13:23:02 UTC

[GSoC] 0th Week Progress

Hello,

For those who do not know, I am participating in GSoC 2009 with the project
"Supporting Concurrent Exception Handling at Tuscany SCA", and I have
Ramkumar Ramalingam as my mentor.

I have started to implement my project since the proposal was accepted, and
the results were at [1]. The code implemented until now is based in the
descriptions found at [2]. Aiming guide and, at the same time, test the
correctness of the implementation, the primary-backup example, describe at
[2], was implemented.

The code has a lot of comments, some interfaces has unusable operations, the
design and relationship between the classes should be reviewed, the
primary-backup example should be improved... In other words, there are much
work to be done yet! :)

Any comments will be welcome.

Regards,

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/dougsleite/guardian-model/
[2] MILLER, R.; TRIPATHI, A. "The Guardian Model and Primitives for
Exception Handling in Distributed Systems". IEEE Transactions on Software
Engineering, IEEE Computer Society Press, vol. 30, 2004, pp. 1008 - 1022.

--
Douglas Siqueira Leite
Graduate student at University of Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil