Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by MelonJaya <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/26 17:00:58 UTC

Mechanism of Automatic Accounting Entries

Hi all!

I've been looking deeply into accounting services in ofbiz, especially the
automatic acct-trans-entries(credit & debit) that will be created if for
example Payment is received.

For example, for 1 Incoming Payment transaction,
ofbiz will automatically created Debit for GlAccountId 111100 and Credit for
GlAccountId 126000
I got the feeling that it is "hardcoded" somewhere in the services.

Is there any mapping existed for this mechanism?
Maybe in xml seed data or tables?
Something that looks like:
Business Process BP-1 --> Accounting Process AcctProc-1,
which in turns are:
AcctProc-1 --> Debit 111100, Credit 126000 (and could be extended)

What I want to do is to add one pair of acct-trans-entries, so it would look
like:
Debit 111100
Credit 126000
Debit 123456
Credit 654321

Anyone can help me?
Thanks!!!

best regards,
Johnson Chandra

Re: Mechanism of Automatic Accounting Entries

Posted by cguZZman <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jaya,

ofbiz create a debit for GlAccountId 111100 because your payment method are
linked to that account.
when the payment was made, I think it was made to the "Company Account",
"Electronic Funds Transfer" or "Financial Account". so you can change the GL
account in Organization GL Settings > Setup > GL Account Defaults > Payment
Method ID/GL Account ID

and about the account 126000, you can configure this in the option "GL
ACCOUNT TYPE DEFAULTS" editing the GL account type for "Accounts Receivable
- Unapplied Payments".

I hope this help.