Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <al...@istc.cnr.it> on 2011/05/04 15:50:08 UTC

SLF4J bindings

Hi,

I started to get SLF4J-related errors when running Kres unit tests these
days. Stuff like

---
SLF4J: slf4j-api 1.6.x (or later) is incompatible with this binding.
SLF4J: Your binding is version 1.5.5 or earlier.
SLF4J: Upgrade your binding to version 1.6.x. or 2.0.x
---

Tests won't run at all. Some failures occur when testing via Eclipse,
others with Maven.

A mvn dependency:tree on the Stanbol root says that most Stanbol
components are using 1.6.1 where I'm sitting today, as their POMs don't
seem to specify a version.

We had forced version 1.5.2 for Kres bundles, both with slf4j-api and
its bindings. Could it be time to stop depending on it? And what binding
is best to adopt between slf4j-simple and slf4j-log4j12 ?

I don't think we have to stick to a specific version or binding, so long
as the API stays compatible.

Cheers

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid, lying morality, and so I am beyond caring."
(Col. Walter E. Kurtz)

Re: SLF4J bindings

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Thanx Rupert, I'm on it. See