Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rpratt <rp...@optionshouse.com> on 2008/07/20 00:27:27 UTC

Network of Brokers, Temp Queue problem

I have seen several other posts that are somewhat like my problem, but none
directly address my issue...hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have configured two brokers on separate machines as a network of brokers.
The connectors between them is:

networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector name="${connector.name}" networkTTL="2"
dynamicOnly="true" uri="${connector.uri}" conduitSubscriptions="false"/>
</networkConnectors>

the connector.uri value is static://(tcp://host2:61616) on host1 and
static://(tcp://host1:61616) on host2

the name is devconnector for both.

I have several producers and consumers connected with the uri
failover:(tcp://host1:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0,tcp://host2:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)?jms.useAsyncSend=true&jms.prefetchPolicy.all=1

I have a service listening on known queue name (actually the service has 10
threads each receiving on that queue name). When a service thread receives a
message it produces a result and sends it back to the replyTo destination
set on the incoming message. The replyTo destination is a temporary queue
set up by the sender. I often get the following error when the service is
trying to send the reply:

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: Cannot publish to a deleted
Destination: temp-queue://ID:oslchi6ddev13-53619-1216502331985-0:6081:1

If I shut down one of the brokers this error goes away, so it seems like it
has something to do with the network of brokers.

Is this a known issue? If so is there a workaround? Or am I just doing
something that is not supposed to work with a network of brokers?  Thanks

Ryan P

Re: Network of Brokers, Temp Queue problem

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
I typically see the "Cannot publish to a deleted Destination" exception
hurled when the producing broker does not have a forwarding bridge back to
the consuming broker (i.e., broker w/the temp queue). Do you have
transportConnectors set up for both brokers?

Use caution when setting wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration to 0 in
combination with the failover connector. With this combination, there are
cases when your 'consumer' clients will hang if they lose their network
connection to their broker.

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com