Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by navnetkachroo <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/07 20:28:49 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.0 & JAAS: Error on startup - SecurityException: User system is not authorized to read from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.>,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic

Hi,

I am trying to setup authentication using JAAS on ActiveMQ 5.0.

I'm getting an exception on startup, even after defining the user "system" :

ERROR Service                        - Async error occurred:
java.lang.SecurityException: User system is not authorized to read from:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.>,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic
java.lang.SecurityException: User system is not authorized to read from:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.>,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic

Attached are the configuration files that I'm using:
* users.properties
* login.config
* groups.properties
* activemq.xml

I've also tried removing camelContext, commandAgent & jetty from the
activemq.xml.

I've set DEBUG level for the logs, which tell me that the users.properties
is being read. Attached is the detailed startup log.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p16538526/users.properties users.properties
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16538526/login.config login.config
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16538526/groups.properties groups.properties
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16538526/activemq.xml activemq.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16538526/startup.log startup.log
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-5.0---JAAS%3A-Error-on-startup---SecurityException%3A-User-system-is-not-authorized-to-read-from%3A-ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.%3E%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic-tp16538526s2354p16538526.html

Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 & JAAS: Error on startup - SecurityException: User system is not authorized to read from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.>,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic

Posted by navnetkachroo <na...@gmail.com>.
That works! Thanks.

Does this mean that in ActiveMQ - I can restrict access only to a group, not
to a particular user (i can have just 1 user in a group as a workaround
though)?

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-5.0---JAAS%3A-Error-on-startup---SecurityException%3A-User-system-is-not-authorized-to-read-from%3A-ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.%3E%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic-tp16538526s2354p16539215.html

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-5.0---JAAS%3A-Error-on-startup---SecurityException%3A-User-system-is-not-authorized-to-read-from%3A-ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.%3E%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue%2Ctopic%3A--ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic-tp16538526s2354p16539107.html