Posted to users@camel.apache.org by pglebow <pg...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 19:51:21 UTC

Route Policy Question: Server Restarts

I have several routes that run at different times during the business day.  A
CronScheduledRoutePolicy is used to control the polling schedule.  For
example, the system polls for a file via FTP between 14:00 and 15:00 each
week day - the file is not guaranteed to be there prior to that time per our
SLA with the vendor.

The route policy is in place so that the system does not constantly badger
the FTP server with useless requests.

However, from time to time, we need to restart our server.  What I've
observed is that if the server is restarted at 14:30, the route must be
manually enabled via JMX.  We actually have 20-30 routes and this is a
burden for our support team; they often miss a route or two.

What I'd like to have is a policy that says "run this route every n minutes
from 14:00 - 15:00 each weekday" - and have it activated even we restart the
server at 14:30.

Is there a way to do this with a route policy?

Re: Route Policy Question: Server Restarts

Posted by pglebow <pg...@gmail.com>.
I've entered https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5929.  Thanks
again!

Phil

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Catching up with mails.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM, pglebow <pg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several routes that run at different times during the business day.  A
> CronScheduledRoutePolicy is used to control the polling schedule.  For
> example, the system polls for a file via FTP between 14:00 and 15:00 each
> week day - the file is not guaranteed to be there prior to that time per our
> SLA with the vendor.
>
> The route policy is in place so that the system does not constantly badger
> the FTP server with useless requests.
>
> However, from time to time, we need to restart our server.  What I've
> observed is that if the server is restarted at 14:30, the route must be
> manually enabled via JMX.  We actually have 20-30 routes and this is a
> burden for our support team; they often miss a route or two.
>
> What I'd like to have is a policy that says "run this route every n minutes
> from 14:00 - 15:00 each weekday" - and have it activated even we restart the
> server at 14:30.
>
> Is there a way to do this with a route policy?

No currently not.

Though quartz have some miss-fire configuration you maybe can use.
Not sure how to configure and set that up.

I have though of the same issue myself, so maybe we can add some new
option to camel-quarz.
So when it started, it would check that if a route policy is within
the "window" and if so, then
start it, if the new option was enabled.

Feel free to log a JIRA ticket.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat